Saturday, August 24, 2013

Review: Nars Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder


        Today's post will be on the highly raved Nars Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder, which is a relatively new addition to the brand's vast collection. This powder has been sold out at my local Sephora for the past 3 months, so when I saw that it was in stock 2 weeks ago, I HAD to get it (I know, makeup addict problems :3)

Pressed vs. Loose: This powder currently only has 1 variant called "Translucent Crystal", but it comes in 2 different types of formulas: the pressed powder version and the loose powder version. I bought the loose version after swatching both the loose and pressed. I noticed that the pressed version is not as finely milled as the loose version. When I swatches the pressed version I could feel a slight grittiness, perhaps from the crystals, whereas the loose powder felt like a silky soft nothing (as you can tell, I'm really good at describing things *sarcasm*).
Now that we have that out of the way, we can talk about the awesomeness of this powder.


 So What Is It All About Anyway?: What's great about this powder is that it caters to all oily/normal/and dry skin types. The setting powder is a matte finish but the crystals in the powder reflect light to give your skin a luminous (not oily) finish when any source of light hits the face. It's translucent and can be worn by women and men of all skin tones, though I recommend that women of color use a light hand with this product because it can cause a white cast if applied with a heavy hand, as most translucent powders will. 

The powder is infused with "Photochromic Technology", which claims to diffuse and adjust light throughout the day (although I have no idea what that means fo
r your skin aside from possibly looking better than the normal). It has microfine minerals that are abundant in glycerin and vitamins to help with combatting dryness. 

My Thoughts: I immediately noticed how soft and silky it felt on the skin. The crystals are visible but extremely fine. When applied and blended well, the crystals can barely be seen unless you were to stand up-close in front of a mirror to purposely look. This powder lives up to its claims on being lightweight, silky, and ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL ON THE SKIN. I use it as an all-over setting powder after foundation or bb cream and it seals my look and gives an air-brushed look to my skin. Fine lines around my mouth and under-eyes are visibly reduced, the powder doesn't cling to my dry patches, and my T-zone is less oily throughout the day. Most importantly, it keeps my foundation/bb cream in place. 
Another way I would use this powder is to highlight the cheekbones. This gives the most natural highlight if you prefer a very matte finish to the skin and would rather not use this as an all-over powder. When light hits your cheekbones, your cheeks will have the most gorgeous bright sheen to them. 

Overall: Fine, silky, beautiful loose powder that lives up to its claims. A little bit of product goes a long way, so it's worth the price point of $39 CAD.  

No comments:

Post a Comment