Saturday, August 24, 2013

Review: Sephora Waterproof Smoky Cream Liner - Cafe




Hi beauty enthusiasts! 
Todays review will be on the Sephora Collection Waterproof Smoky Cream Liner. 
Little backstory: I have tried MANY gel eyeliners, from high end to drugstore, with all failing to provide a crease-less wear. I have hooded, oily eyelids and gel eyeliners tend to crease and transfer onto my under-eye area. Many waterproof, long-lasting formulas have failed to be effective on me.

At a reasonable price point of $15 CAD, I figured it was worth a shot after hearing much hype from the Sephora Rep. I purchased the brown shade in "Cafe". To my surprise, this eyeliner exceeded my expectations, and it is easily my favorite gel eyeliner. 

Packaging: Very basic packaging, a simple plastic jar with  4.5g (0.15oz) of product in it. I actually think it's the plastic jar that prevents the liner from drying up so quickly, unlike my MAC gel liner in "Blacktrack" and MAC Paintpot in "Painterly" which are so dry that the product has receded from the edges of its glass container.

Texture: VERY smooth and creamy it's unbelievable! It can definitely be smudged out before it sets for that sultry, smokey, or natural look! Impressively long-lasting on the waterline- although I would personally set it with a similar eyeshadow color to ensure it doesn't budge. 4 months into having this gel eyeliner, it still has not dried up and is still as creamy as when I first purchased it.


Colour: A great dark brown shade that isn't khaki brown in color like a lot of brown eyeliners I've come across. This dark brown shade gives a more natural look than black ( called "Must Have", which I intend on purchasing soon ^^)

Upholding Claims: As it claims, it is a waterproof eyeliner that's long-lasting on the eyes. To test these claims, I swatched the eyeliner and washed my hands with water, then moderately scrubbed the eyeliner. Result: Did not budge, VERY LITTLE of it flaked off, but did NOT smudge. Did it crease though? It creased so little on me that only I could notice it if I were to look very closely into a mirror. With an eyeshadow primer, it doesn't crease on me.

Overall: This eyeliner is truly a hidden gem amongst the many popular Sephora Collection products. It's cheaper than a lot of the other gel liners from competing brands sold at Sephora, and it holds up just as well if not better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment