Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Review: Too Faced - 3 Way Lash Lining Tool




Hey guys! ^^
         This is my review on a new product that recently came out. It's an eyeliner from Too Faced! This eyeliner claims to make eye-lining easy, and gives you 3 easy ways for eye-lining application. I got it in black for $22 in the U.S. (In Canada, it is $32 at Sephora). It contains 0.02 Fl. Oz/ 0.8 mL of product in it.

       What I noticed is that this eyeliner looks EXTREMELY similar to the Holika Holika Drawing Dot Liner, which was indeed released much earlier than this Too Faced one. If you guys aren't aware, Holika Holika is a Korean makeup brand that is quite successful. The 3-pronged eye-lining tip is almost identical between the two. I will be reviewing Holika Holika's eyeliner soon!

Packaging: 5/5

The Eyeliner!

       The packaging always looks like a Too Faced product. The Eyeliner itself has a snap-on cap and the eyeliner pen is thin and small, something that I could put in my bag for on-the-go use. The size of the eyeliner allows for easy application.

Colour: 4.5/5

It is a liquid formula.
You can see it seeping into the lines on my hand,
however it won't look like that on your eyelids! Trust me ;)
       The reason this eyeliner gets a 4.5 in colour is because it's dark, but not pitch black. I've seen darker, more pigmented liners.

Finish: Almost all liquid liners have a shiny finish. This product is no different.

Smudge test: 5/5
        Once fully dried, I attempted to smudge it with my fingers really hard. It does NOT smudge. The only notable difference is that the intensity of the black was slightly lessened. Other than that, no evident smearing of product was on my hand. The eyeliner comes off with a bit of water and some rubbing.
Crease test: 5/5
        After a full 6 hours of leaving this product on, it did crease a very little bit. You could not even see the creasing on my eyelid unless you looked into a really close mirror like I did to check. I gave this a 5/5 because my eyelids are very oily; (even gel eyeliner can't hold up on me!) so this actually held up very well.

Eye-lining process:

eyeliner looks like this:
what it looks like on the side

       IT WAS VERY EASY. Not difficult to make a thin, even line, or a thicker cat-eye look; whichever look you prefer. It's definitely a versatile eyeliner. The eyeliner is felt-tipped, of similar texture to the very popular drugstore liner: L'oreal Lineur Intense Felt-Tip Liner. Like the ladder, the eyeliner tip does give way to pressure (meaning that it is a tad bit soft/flimsy), which I think is good for a smooth application of eyeliner.
It also easily fills in those gaps between my eyelashes. Filling in those gaps will make your lashes look thicker.

Overall: I do like this eyeliner. Packaging is simple and nice, colour pay-off is good, it's long-lasting, and it's easy to use. Would I buy it again? Probably not , only because it is a bit pricey for an eyeliner.

~Stay tuned for my review on the Holika Holika eyeliner in the near future~
Thanks for reading guys! Love, cnteablog ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment