Sunday, August 5, 2012

Holy Grail: Cleanser & Skincare (Aveeno)


Aveeno's Clear Complexion Cream Cleanser for Acne-Prone Skin- 141g - $12C

       A little background to my skin type: Normal/Dry skin year-round. A tad bit oily on the T-zone during the summer and VERY dry in the winter. Minimal breakouts (2-4 breakouts a year that leave scars!).

       Aveeno has held quite the reputation over the course of 65+ years, and I'm not surprised. Their stuff is great.

Dermatologist Recommended.
       The most common misconception is the difference between Dermatologist Tested, and Dermatologist Recommended. Of course, the latter is much better, because that means that the dermatologist actually recommends this product to you. Testing a product does not mean they like it, which is why I believe that many people often fall for this little scam of "Dermatologist tested" on skincare labels. Aveeno has been a dermatologist recommended brand for over 60 years. That's pretty awesome, don't you think? :)
        I have tried
many cleansers in the past, high and low end and this is the best stuff I have come across. This cleanser contains salicylic acid that helps with preventing and healing breakouts, soy extracts for smooth and nourished skin, and gentle micro beads that help exfoliate off the dead skin cells. It is oil-free, hypoallergenic, and non-comedogenic (doesn't clog pores!).
        To be quite honest, I didn't expect much from this cleanser when I first got it. It was cheap, and I had never tried any Aveeno products prior to purchasing this. I purchased this acne-prone skin cleanser mainly for the purpose of preventing breakouts as a teenager. Is this cleanser drying on my dry skin? Yes and no. This isn't the type of cleanser that I would use every single day; because it is drying and targeted for acne. However, with moderate use (around 2-3 days a week), it isn't drying enough to make me flake. I will use it more often in the summer when I'm oilier to prevent breakouts.
        Know that little red bump you feel coming on your skin? And you think it's just gonna get bigger? Or those tiny bumps on your face that come and go? This cleanser is PERFECT for calming those bumps and making them look smaller, if not already gone.
        The texture is creamy, pearly-white, with light green micro beads. You only need about a dime size of product to cover your entire face. I'm not sure if it is scented, but whatever it is, it smells good. I simply smells..refreshing. The micro beads aren't ultra fine, but I actually prefer the slightly bigger micro beads. Besides, I do have a separate exfoliating scrub that I use prior to cleansing. Once you wash the cleanser off, your skin will look so much clearer and brighter. It makes my face feel cool and refreshed, like mint. And, this cleanser doesn't make your skin feel tight. I like to think it makes my skin feel firm, not tight whatsoever.
       During the winter, I do use this product less often, simply because my skin is extremely dry during that period of the season. I will use this 1-2 times a week, and on the other days, I use a different cleanser with more moisturizing properties. .

The ingredients are simple, yet effective.

       Containing only 12 ingredients, it's easier on the skin, and you yourself won't be confused with what really goes into the cleanser you use. There aren't any unnecessary ingredients.
Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Polysorbate 60, Salicyclic Acid, Steareth-21, Polyethylene, Methyl Lactate, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Glycine Soja(Soybean) Seed Extract, Cera Microcristallina, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Parfum.


       This is my ultimate holy grail product of my youth. Although I do continue to switch up my skincare routine every now and then, I somehow always find myself going back to this product (which is how I realized that this was an HG product for me). I've gone through 3 bottles of this of the past 3-4 years. I also introduced this to a family member that has acne-prone and oily skin. She has gone through far more products than I have for her skin type and she LOVES this product as well (She's on her 2nd bottle!). Therefore, I believe it's safe to say that this cleanser is good for all skin types!

Beauty TIP:

Switch up your cleansers!

       Although you may have found your ultimate skincare routine, remember that switching up your skincare products is extremely effective and important! It prevents your skin from becoming used to the same product being used over and over again.Your skin will respond more positively to the switch back to your HG products!! :)

 Thank you for taking the time to read my blog you guys! You rock! Love, cnteablog ^^

     

No comments:

Post a Comment